We are hiring!
We are looking for a trainee fire sprinkler service & small works engineer…
Armstrong Priestley are looking to expand our thriving service department and currently have a number of opportunities available for trainee sprinkler service & small works engineers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a long-established and ever-growing company with over 40 years’ experience within the fire sprinkler industry with endless opportunities for progression.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion to learn something new, who are willing to partake in set learning qualifications, alongside on the job training.
Our service engineers are our company representatives whilst carrying out their daily roles. Therefore, the role will require a pragmatic, forward thinking individuals, with excellent communication skills, who can work effectively as a team and individually, to deliver a high-quality customer service experience. Representing Armstrong Priestley to the highest standards whilst on site, is paramount.
The ideal candidates will be motivated, reliable, have excellent work ethic and “can do” attitude, demonstrate great time keeping skills and will need to be able to work under their own initiative.
- The successful applicants will learn and subsequently develop the required skills to service & maintain a variety of fire sprinkler systems and associated equipment, in line with current industry standards.
- Training will be provided on the safe use of all associated equipment and plant required to complete these works.
- An in-house training programme will be conducted at our Leeds office and on our customers site. Training will begin from start date and continue throughout employment. Reviews will be carried out on a regular basis to assess performance and progress, with the final aim of becoming well-rounded fire sprinkler service engineers.
- The role will be to carry out servicing, maintenance and remedial works as allocated by the Service Manager on varied types of fire sprinkler systems throughout the UK.
- Occasional working away from home may be required. Once at a suitable level of experience, the successful engineer will be added to our on-call rota, for out of hours emergencies (typically one-week, Monday to Monday, every six weeks). Additional pay is also provided for on-call engineers.
- The successful candidates will be offered an initial 3-month probationary period which will be reviewed every 4 weeks with the Service Manager and trainer.
- Experience of working within a customer facing role, and ability to build strong customer relationships
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve with analytical thinking.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Disciplined and organised
- Excellent time keeping skills, reliability and flexibility
- Attend all required training programmes
- To demonstrate core behaviours valued by the company – honesty, teamwork, integrity and enthusiasm
- Full UK driving licence
What We Will Provide:
- Opportunity to achieve a Level 2 Qualification in Fire Sprinkler Installation
- CSCS/PASMA/IPAF/DBS Checks
- On the job training
- Overtime (when available/necessary)
- Company van
- Samsung Tablet
- Company mobile phone
- Pension: Competitive company pension scheme
- 20 Days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays)
- Training & Development: Investment to excel and grow within the role and throughout career.
- Support & Care: We are a friendly, professional and approachable team, who believe in succeeding and progressing together.
Salary: Competitive Salary (negotiable depending on experience)
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire (with nationwide travel)
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
You can apply for this job by sending a current CV to:
Chloe Dempsey at Armstrong Priestley, email@example.com
(Please no Agencies or Canvassers)